Fixer Upper focuses on the design and transformation of homes in the Waco, Texas area while highlighting the power couple’s built-to-last love. Alternatively, you may want to consider a home improvement loan. An unsecured loan, such as those provided by Admiral, can be used for anything from a new boiler to loft insulation without any financial risk to your home. Expanding the amount of physical space available in your home is one of the more expensive improvements but can also increase its value.
- You can rethink how you get rid of it, save some disposal costs and maybe make a few dollars selling reusable items.
- Eye-catching front doors might be handy if you have guests coming to visit but may be off-putting to potential buyers, so keep it neutral.
- Another PBS series, “Hometime” made its debut after “This Old House,” expanding on some of the tropes that made its predecessor so popular.
- Instead, for the interior walls of your small home, opt for cool colors that give rooms an open and airy look.
- Improving the things you can’t see could be even more valuable than just making the place look better.
Things to Know About Well Water Before Digging
For a pro look, curtains should puddle slightly or just kiss the floor. Not brave enough to go totally open with your cabinetry? Try this project on just the set of cabinets flanking your stove or the cabinet over the coffee counter. You’re always on time and most of all you know what you’re doing.
This is lame, but I love the home improvement house! I wish I could live ther
To the best of our knowledge, all content is accurate as of the date posted, though offers contained herein may no longer be available. The opinions expressed are the author’s alone and have not been provided, approved, or otherwise endorsed by our partners. Information provided on Forbes Home is for educational purposes only. The products and services we review may not be right for your individual circumstances. You may have never cleaned out your dryer vent before but there are many reasons why you should.
A House Divided
Maintain everything to keep the expensive repair pros away. The single best way to save money around the house is by sticking to a maintenance schedule for as many of your home’s systems as possible. Beautifully highlight a coffered ceiling with colorful paint, and keep the trim white for a bold visual effect. Placing a ceiling medallion around a fan or light fixture is another way to add architectural flair overhead.